Cultural Creatives Directory (ongoing)
Some questions I posed to the group to get some answers as a beginning...
1. where is the farmers markets in SMaria?
Tues. Orcutt — Central City Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oak Knoll South, corner of Bradley Road and Clark Avenue; also fresh honey and eggs.
Weds. Santa Maria — Central City Farmers Market, noon to 4 p.m., Town Center West, Broadway and Main Street (in the Santa Maria Town Center West parking lot); also local beekeepers’ honey and bee pollen, bread, pastries and plants. Info: 305-9829.
Thurs. Santa Maria — noon to 5 p.m., Growing Grounds Farm Santa Maria, 812 W. Foster Road, features fresh flowers, vegetables and garden and bedding plants, all grown without pesticides. Proceeds benefit Transitions Mental Health Association. Info: 928-4509.
2. what was the contact via parks & rec for community gardens
Santa Maria Recreation Center - 925-0951 (Ext. 260 should get people to the right extension)
3. where to buy local fresh and organic veggies, grass fed beef, chicken, etc. (http://www.beyondorganicgrassfedbeef.com/)
Fresh organic veggies - Growing Grounds Farm, 820 W. Foster Rd
4. where to buy probiotics, kombucha?.. (funny story is that when I was talking with a woman at the farmers market at Vandenberg Village this past Sunday, who was definitely a "cultural creative," she didnt know what the term meant, she thought I was talking about being "creative" with "cultures," as in raw milk, probiotics, etc. hahhahha)
Lassens in Santa Maria, 1790 S. Broadway, Santa Maria 925-3432 Hours. 9-8pm Mon - Sat. Closed Sunday
5. any buyers clubs in santa maria? any good and organic farms
6. videos of how to create compost, worm compost, what veggies grow well in santa maria
7. coops in SMaria, where people can buy in bulk, CSA's in SMaria (Community Supported Agriculture, its like a subscription for weekly veggies and assorted produce, sometimes about $22 a week for veggies that either get dropped off at your home or a place near your home... I just found this: http://www.ecovian.com/s/santa-maria-ca/csa)
Growing Grounds Farm 934-2182
Blosser Urban Garden started in April. 878-1744
8. Local markets, nurseries, restaurants, cafes that have organic and fair trade teas and coffees...
Natural Cafe - 2407 S. Broadway, Santa Maria 937-2735
9. Solar companies, Green businesses in SMaria
10. where to buy compost bins and worm compost bins?
Carol Kerwin in AG who really knows her stuff. I could have her come our way for a lesson or two.
add yours to the growing list and make sure I get a copy so I can add it to this website:
Joelyn's website from the Nutrition page http://wonheartinfo.org/Info/Nutrition.html
There are healthy recipes from the Wellness Mama and a list of the Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15
11. some extra contacts: